Mentoring and Development with Gabriel Farfan | Former MLS and Liga MX Pro
Mar 31, 2021
Mentoring and Development with Gabriel Farfan
In today's episode, Coach Taylor talks to Gabriel Farfan, ex pro from various leagues across North America. Gabriel played in the MLS and Liga MX. He and his twin brother Michael both played on the US u17 national team as well as playing together in the MLS for the Philadephia Union. He is now retired and is giving back to the game through mentoring youth players and providing great insights about the game. He leads a vibrant FB community as well podcast/newsletter. You don't want to miss it!
Click here to listen!
Here is the episode highlight reel:
- [09:37] Exposure and Development: Worry about what you can control. Development will end up getting you more exposure over time
- [34:50] What it was like to play with his twin brother in Philly!
- [42:52] Deciding to hang up the boots: He knew what it was like for young player to try and break through so he decided to step aside to allow others to get that opportunity
- [52:33] On making bets with himself: So I would just find these like dumb things that... it would just hold my hold myself accountable.
- [55:28] On players making it pro: here is what it really takes!
Here are the links to Gabriel's information:
Get the full transcript here!
Rate, Review, & Follow on Apple Podcasts or Youtube
please consider rating and reviewing my show!
This helps me support more players. Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.”
Also, if you haven’t done so already, Follow the podcast or subscribe to our Youtube feed.